Achouffe is a small village of Houffalize, in the Belgian province of Luxembourg. People come from everywhere to visit the brewery where the delicious La Chouffe beer is produced.
Go visit the Achouffe Brewery and get to know some of the best Belgian beers. Professional guides gladly show you around in Dutch, French or English. Reservation on www.achouffe.be is required.
The Achouffe gnome has become world famous. The Achouffe Brewery in Houffalize launched its first brew in 1982 and La Chouffe became a success. This Ardennes brewery is now producing over 100,000 litres of beer and other products and exporting to over 40 countries in the world.
Every year over 20,000 tourists head out to the beautiful Belgian Ardennes to get to know the secrets of the delicious regional beers.
What does the Achouffe selection look like? They offer the following beers:
- La Chouffe: blond, fruity, spiced with coriander and a light hop taste (8% alcohol);
- Mc Chouffe: dark beer with a fruity taste and light bitter aftertaste (8% alcohol);
- Houblon Chouffe: a blond ‘Indian Pale Ale’ with an excellent balance between bitter and fruity (9% alcohol);
- N’Ice Chouffe: strong dark beer (10% alcohol) spiced with thyme and curaçao, light hop flavour;
- Chouffe Bok 6666: dark seasonal beer, specifically aiming at the Dutch market (6.66% alcohol).
They also offer some spirits:
- Esprit Achouffe: alcoholic beverage based on 5-year-old beer, very refined and resembling Grappa (40% alcohol, to be stored in the refrigerator);
- Chouffe-Coffee: liqueur based on Esprit Achouffe, with a strong aroma, coffee extracts and a hint of McChouffe (25% alcohol). To be served warm with some ice cream or whipped cream.
For a longer stay in the Houffalize area, Ardennes-Etape offers the very best self-catering holiday cottages. Choose your favourite and book your vacation in the Belgian Ardennes.
Copyright Photos - Brasserie d'Achouffe
Book a holiday home near this activity and
receive more than 148 discounts on this activity
The tourist information provided is for information purposes only. Under no circumstance can Ardennes-Etape be held responsible in case of incorrect or obsolete information.
Your account deserves a safer password.
Improve it now.
You can postpone this action, but you know what they say...
You just received an email on [adressemail].
Follow the instructions in the email
See you soon.
Receive our free Malmedy E-Guide.
It's packed with touristic activities, restaurants and hikes.
Tested by our Ardennes experts.